- Researching, gathering data and analyzing R&D tax matters and financial reports.
- Leading interviews with various Subject Matter Experts to understand and identify qualified activities to substantiate the R&D tax credit in accordance with IRC Sections 41 and 174.
- Preparing documents as required.
- Developing and sustaining excellent client relationships during delivery of R&D tax credit services
- Performing quantitative and qualitative research, including project write-ups, base period, department overviews, and methodology memos.
- Analyzing complex client data utilizing MS Excel to compute Federal and State R&D tax credits.
- Managing projects including scheduling and client correspondence.
- Assisting with Audit representation including drafting responses and working with the IRS to resolve client matters.
- Assisting with preparation of federal and state income tax return filings
- Assisting with review of deferred tax assets and liabilities schedules/Sch Ms
- Reviewing reconciliations of tax accounts and accruals for income and franchise taxes
- Assisting Sr. Tax Manager with special projects, research, and other tax matters
- Assisting with other tax matters as needed
- Demonstrating excellent team skills, positive attitude and high ethical standards.
- Managing multiple tasks and client needs.
- Interfacing with clients and approaching client interactions with maturity and discretion.
Culture and Perks
We approach work with a calm focus and a sense of humor, while keeping sane working hours. At Zeni, we also have a culture where ideas come from the bottom up! Ownership, trust and support will be afforded to you in a setup that will allow you to be yourself and add value like never before. You’ll receive a competitive salary package and stock, plus perks, with flexible and remote working hours. Social responsibility is something we believe in and regularly volunteer with our community partners with the full support of the company.
About Zeni - Champions of Customer Service
Zeni began the Startup FinOps revolution in 2019 by enabling founders to scale their business without ever building an internal finance team. With just the right mix of Human + AI + Machine Learning, Zeni gives founders +40 hours of their time back each month so they can spend more time with their teams and scale faster. Zeni is a Series B company and has raised $47.5M in venture capital. The company is based in Palo Alto, California but has an office in Pune, India as well as a distributed remote workforce. Learn more at www.zeni.ai
Zeni is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster global diversity, equity, & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment and employees at Zeni are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Zeni endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities and disabled veterans pursuant to applicable federal and state law. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to submit this application, complete any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participate in the employee selection process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your specific accommodation request.
By submitting your application, you agree that Zeni may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes.