- 7-10 years of experience in an accounting, accounting outsource provider or CPA firm
- Strong experience managing teams of 5+ accounting professionals and drive ownership of deliverables by support teams (Bonus: managing offshore remote employees)
- Managing a diverse customer portfolio of SaaS-based and other tech start-ups
- Undergraduate or Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or MBA, Accounting or Finance concentration
- Tech savvy with experience in Quickbooks, Bill.com, Gusto, Expensify and other leading cloud-based finance applications for start-ups
- Strong knowledge and application of GAAP, ASC 606 revenue recognition, consolidations, and equity compensation and other areas of accounting for SaaS companies
- Experience in coaching founders at various stages of development, recommending solutions, and guiding the timing of key deliverables as companies grow
- Strong oral and written communication skills and comfortable working with teams in client-facing role
- Experience using Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, and Slides) and advanced Excel skills
Zeni’s culture is based on a foundation of trust. Zeni was founded by founders for founders. We lead with technology enabled through our innovative DNA. Zeni builds relationships by supporting founders on their journey of financial enlightenment. Zeni values humility and knowledge as we work to grow customer confidence in their financial acumen, enabling them to focus on growing their business.
Zeni encourages ownership as you provide value-added services to Zeni’s customers. We provide you the support you need to develop as a professional while also developing mindfulness beyond finance. Although the Controller role is primarily remote, we value community, connection and working together. Additionally, we provide you flexibility in driving customer success and expanding services to our customers. You are accountable for the financial performance of the customers you serve and you are rewarded accordingly. Zeni values responsibility to communities and the environment. We will support you in balancing physical and emotional health, while also balancing family and community commitments.
Zeni provides a competitive compensation package, including: regionally adjusted salary, equity and an annual bonus based on key objectives, personal development and financial performance.
- Medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited PTO
- Education and CPE reimbursement
- Reimbursement of home office needs, including chair and desk
- Parental Leave
Zeni’s mission is to guide founders across the lake of financial uncertainty and into a state of mindfulness to key financial insights for their businesses. Zeni enables financial enlightenment through Zeni’s AI powered platform that is supported by a thoughtful finance team. Zeni is a Series B company and has raised $47.5M in venture capital. The company is based in Palo Alto, California with offices in Lehi, Utah and a distributed remote workforce across the United States. Zeni has offices in Pune and Mohali, India. Learn more at www.zeni.ai
Zeni is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster global diversity, equity, & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment and employees at Zeni are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Zeni endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities and disabled veterans pursuant to applicable federal and state law. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to submit this application, complete any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participate in the employee selection process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your specific accommodation request.
By submitting your application, you agree that Zeni may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes.